Discover four fascinating branches of science through the engaging, full-color Wonders of Creation series in General Science 1: Survey of Earth and Sky!
In this unique science course students in grades 7 - 12 will explore
oceans, astronomy, weather, and minerals as they discover fascinating
facts, incredible wonders, captivating creatures, and God’s glory on
display throughout creation!
- The New Ocean Book
- The New Astronomy Book
- The New Weather Book
- The Mineral Book
- Teacher Guide
An Engaging Science Course
Captivate your student as they explore earth and sky in this uniquely
designed science course! From weather, water, minerals, and stars, your
student will discover the handiwork of their Creator as they explore
scientific facts, principles, and their application to our lives.
Through engaging text, fascinating illustrations, worksheets, and
activities, your student will connect with the fascinating world of
General Science 1 Curriculum Pack Includes:
General Science 1 Teacher Guide
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Quizzes & Tests
- Answer Key
The New Ocean Book
Explore Earth’s final frontier—the oceans! These dark and sometimes
mysterious waters cover 71 percent of the surface area of the globe and
have yet to be fully explored. Under the waves, a watery world of frail
splendor, foreboding creatures, vast mountains, and sights beyond
imagination await your student as they:
- Gain an understanding of the ocean tides, waves, and currents
- Explore the vast world of giant squids and other sea “monsters”
- Discover the impact of weather systems and the Great Flood on Earth’s land and seas
The New Astronomy Book
The universe is an amazing declaration of the glory and power of God!
Beautiful and breathtaking in its scale, the vast expanse of the
universe is incredible to study, understand, and even comprehend in
terms of its purpose and size. Students will discover the mysteries and
marvels of space as they:
- Learn the best ways to observe the heavens
- Explore the dynamics of planets, stars, galaxies, and models for the cosmology of the universe
- Discover what we know and are still trying to discover about planets, moons, and comets within our own solar system.
The New Weather Book
From the practical to the pretty amazing, students will learn what
weather is, how it works, and how other forces impact it! Learn why
storm chasers and hurricane hunters do what they do and how they are
helping to solve storm connected mysteries. Discover what makes winter
storms both beautiful and deadly, what is behind weather phenomena like
St. Elmo’s Fire, as well as:
- Find out how forecasting is done, what “engine” drives weather on Earth, and why
- Discover the importance and patterns of the jet stream, the global
water cycle, and why water runoff is essential to the food chain
- Learn the classifications of clouds, what causes ball lightning, the life cycle of thunderstorms, and amazing weather facts!
The Mineral Book
Learn about the order and beauty of minerals shaped by the Creator!
Minerals are a gift of God’s grace—and everyday we touch and interact
with them from the diamond in an engagement ring to the copper shell of a
penny! Discover where different minerals are found and how they are
used, as well as:
- The first mention of minerals in the Bible
- Symbolic & current uses
- Even the mention of minerals in Heaven!
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 5x per week
- Perforated, 3-hole punched worksheets
- Recommended Grade Level: 7th - 12th