Math Designed for Understanding
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra (Algebra 1) utilizes a clear,
conversational, engaging approach to teach your student Algebra through
practical, real-life application! Jacobs’ guides your student through
Algebra, enabling them to discover concepts for themselves and develop a
deep understanding of their practical application.
This unique instructional approach to math means your student:
- Develops a lasting understanding of Algebra concepts
- Interacts with concepts using real-world examples, ensuring they’ll
know exactly how to apply the material they are learning to real-life
and other academic subjects
- Is prepared to take their understanding of Algebraic concepts
outside the math textbook and successfully apply them to higher math
courses, sciences, & everyday life
- Makes concepts their own
- Is equipped with an understanding of the foundational mathematical
concepts of Algebra—and once a student truly understands the concepts in
Algebra, they are prepared for all higher math & sciences!
Clear, Thorough Instruction
Understanding both the why and how of Algebra is foundational to your
student’s success in high school and college. Jacobs’ Algebra provides
students with a clear and thorough understanding of why concepts work,
as well as how they are applied to solve real-world problems.
A Top Choice for High School Success & College Prep
Time tested for nearly forty years, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has proven its ability to guide students towards success and is still the choice of top teachers and schools.
The unique instructional method within Jacobs’ Algebra ensures your
student understands both the why and how of Algebra and establishes a
strong foundation for higher math & science courses. If your student
is planning for college or a STEM career, Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra ensures they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed!
Guide your Student through Algebra with DVD Instruction!
Dr. Callahan’s instructional DVDs guide your students through Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra
in a light-hearted, down to earth style. As a longtime university
professor, homeschool dad, and math teacher for homeschool groups, Dr.
Callahan has plenty of experience with what Algebra concepts students
need to know, what they find difficult, and knows how to explain both
Free Homework Support!
Dr. Callahan’s Instructional DVD comes with FREE Homework Help email
support from AskDrCallahan, making this course an ideal solution for
students alike looking to learn Algebra while preparing for the ACT,
SAT, and future math courses.
Newly Revised & Updated
Jacobs’ Elementary Algebra has now been updated and revised to better equip the next generation of students!
- The addition of a daily schedule—saving you time!
- Full solutions manual
- Modernized language for clearer communication
This Curriculum Set Includes:
Elementary Algebra Student Text:
- Full Color Illustrations
- 17 sections, covering functions and graphs, integers, rational numbers, exponents, polynomials, factoring, fractions, and more.
- Set II exercise solutions provided in back of text
- Flexible based on focus & intensity of the course
- Set I exercises review ideas & concepts from previous lessons to provide ongoing application of material.
- Set II exercises allow student to apply material from the new lesson
- Set III exercises (provided in Teacher’s Guide) provide additional practice for material learned in the new lesson
- Set IV exercises challenge students who are excelling and can also be used for extra credit
Elementary Algebra Solutions Manual:
- Full Solutions to problem sets I, II, III, & IV
- Solutions to final review sections
Elementary Algebra Teacher’s Guide Includes:
- Convenient suggested daily schedule
- Set III Worksheets for additional student practice
- Tests (chapter, mid-term, final exam, & alternate test versions)
- Test Solutions
- Practical 3-hole punched, perforated pages for ease of use
DVD Set Contains:
- Approximately 6 hours of content
- 6 DVDs
- Free Homework Help email support form AskDrCallahan
- Revised & updated for the next-generation student
- Usable for both self-directed students and teachers & students
- Recommended for: 9th Grade / 1 Credit