Since children don’t come with an instruction manual, we asked the experts to write one.
The best-selling Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care is now fully updated with new information on child rearing, still from the most respected name in family advice: Focus on the Family.
Unlike any other book of its kind, the Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care takes a balanced, commonsense approach to rearing emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy children. This indispensable guide delivers practical and critical information parents need to know in a straightforward format. Inside, you’ll find chapters that celebrate the joys and tackle the tough issues you’ll face in every stage of your child’s development. The book also contains helpful reference sections, including:
- 25 Special Concerns sections that cover topics such as fevers in small children, effective discipline, ADHD, cyberspace safety, bullying, eating disorders, and more.
- Medical Reference section with detailed definitions/descriptions of common childhood illnesses and medical conditions. This section will help you determine what you can handle at home and when it’s time to contact your child’s physician.
- Emergency Care section that includes information on 911 calls, preventive safety, CPR charts, basic first-aid explanations, and what to do when your child needs immediate medical attention.
- Illustrations, photographs, and charts to help you comprehend recommended techniques, appreciate the miraculous design of the human body, and recognize specific health conditions.
- New expanded sections on immunizations and nutrition.
This exhaustive reference tool is a must-have for today’s parent. You’ll find answers to your questions and explore realistic approaches to parenting that can help you help your children grow into the healthy, well-adjusted adults you dream they will become!