alive through a Charlotte Mason approach as it teaches upper elementary
students (grades 3-6) the amazing history of the United States of
America. O’Dell’s lively storytelling brings the settings and characters
to life as students study American history from the ancient Americas to
A Charlotte Mason Inspired Journey Through American History!
American history comes alive in the stories and adventures of
explorers and pioneers who saw in America the chance to live a dream—to
freely worship God, to have a chance to own land, and search for wealth
In America’s Story 1, your student will:
- Learn about those who lived & thrived in the Americas first
- Meet the Christian Viking who accidentally discovered America around 1000 A.D.
- Become acquainted with the many explorers and their amazing tales of the Americas
- Discover how simple words were used to powerfully shape the course of history
- Follow along through the Revolutionary War and watch as the Constitution of the United States of America is drafted
- Tell of the triumphs, hardships, mistakes, and victories that together formed the nation we now know
- and so much more!
Easy for teachers, exciting for students!
America’s Story 1 is designed to be easy to use as it guides your student through an exciting adventure through American history as they:
- Learn to retell history through the use of oral & written narration
- Sketch their way through historical scenes
- Create their own maps
- And compile a timeline from the ancient Americas to the 1850s!
Exciting, interactive stories
America's Story 1 brings history alive for students in an
exciting way! Through engaging narrative, O’Dell interacts with
students and draws them in to imagine the adventures, hardships,
failures, and triumphs of the incredible events and characters that
shaped American history.
America’s Story 1 Set Includes:
America’s Story 1 Student
- Full-color student textbook featuring engaging narrative and
beautiful historic illustrations, photographs, maps, and cultural
America’s Story 1 Teacher Guide
- Convenient Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student worksheets for narration (oral & written), sketching, map adventures, & timelines.
- Optional Digging Deeper activities
- Special Project Ideas
- Review sheets & answer keys
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages for convenience
- Approximately 45 minutes per lesson, 4-5 days per week
- Designed for grades 3-6 in a one-year history course
Can I use this course with an older/younger student?
Yes. While America’s Story is designed for upper elementary students
(grades 3-6), it is also very flexible and can be used with
younger/older students. Younger students may require additional teacher
involvement, while older students may complete additional activities or
research projects to increase the difficulty of the course.
I have two or more students using this course together, what do I need to purchase?
We would recommend purchasing additional copies of the Teacher Guide.
While the student guide could easily be shared between students, the
Teacher Guide contains all of the consumable worksheets your students
will need to complete the course. Purchasing an additional copy means
each student will have worksheets available and ready for use.
Do we have to start in America’s Story 1?
No. Each volume in America’s Story builds upon the next and creates a
timeline of American history from the ancient Americas to Modern Times;
however, each volume also stands alone, allowing your student to start
and stop in any volume.