The perfect Bible for those learning English as their second language.
Learning to read and understand a second language, especially later in life, can be a very difficult and daunting task. The NIrV Holy Bible for ESL Readers is here to help. Using shorter sentences and avoiding figures of speech and words with multiple meanings, the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV) is ideal for those learning English. This NIrV Bible also includes several additional content features to help anyone on their spiritual journey and exploration of the Bible.
The New International Reader’s Version is based on the bestselling New International Version, written for a third-grade reading level—among the lowest reading level of any Bible translation available. Like the NIV, the NIrV achieves great accuracy through equal rigor to the original languages and today’s English. The NIrV makes the Bible understandable to anyone who would benefit from easier-to-read language, including those learning English as a second language.
- Complete text of the easy-to-read and understand New International Reader’s Version (NIrV)
- “Three Ways to Read the Bible” – Explains how to read the Bible by story, subject, or person
- “About the Bible” – Describes how the Bible was written and how it came to us
- “Life in New Testament Times” – Describes what life was like when Jesus was on Earth
- “The ABCs of Salvation” – Helps explain the way of salvation
- Presentation page
- Bible dictionary to help with unfamiliar words
- 8-point type size