Slashing and burning its way through the Middle East, ISIS captured the world's attention in 2014 with horrific video footage of its militants beheading victims. To Western onlookers, this aggression seemed to come out of nowhere. Yet this clash was inevitable, the result of an unheeded war the extremists had been waging for years.
Journalist Mindy Belz has reported on the ground from the Middle East over the course of a decade, giving her unparalleled access to the story no one wants to believe. Now, in They Say We Are Infidels, you'll track the events through Belz's eyes and:
- Learn what's really happening behind the terrifying news footage.
- Meet and be inspired by real people in Iraq and Syria who live every day under threat of murder, rape, or kidnapping—but will not deny their faith.
- Discover where ISIS came from and understand the violent forces driving it.
- Grasp the "slow genocide" that has been secretly infiltrating the region for over a decade.
- Discover how the church and its believers are finding ways to help
They Say We Are Infidels is required reading for those who are seeking to gain a firmer grasp on the complex dynamics at play in the war-torn Middle East today, and for anyone who is ready to stand with the persecuted and suffering.