Equip your student to defend their faith through science! Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory guides high school students through a comprehensive exploration of Darwin’s theory of evolution as they critically examine the viability, credibility, and plausibility of the theory. Students will explore the evidence, hear from scientists around the world, explore the fossil record, and examine two opposing views on the origin of life as they discover the unchanging truth of God’s word!
A Remarkable Science Course
In Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory, students will explore the theoretical aspects of evolution, allowing the evidence to speak for itself as they separate science from myth! Students will critically examine survival of the fittest, natural selection, similarities, mutations, adaption, and the fossil record as they:
- Discover two diametrically opposing viewpoints on the origins of life.
- Hear from scientists around the world to discover what they have to say about the fossil record and the origin of life.
- Develop their critical thinking skills.
- Journey alongside author Dr. Carl Werner in his 30 year quest to find proof for evolution—and develop their own conclusions in light of the evidence from around the world.
- Trace the history of evolutionary thought from spontaneous generation to Darwin’s theory.
- Examine the evidence to answer pressing questions on the origins of life.
- and so much more!
Evidence that Demands a Verdict
In Evolution: The Grand Experiment Volumes 1 & 2, Dr. Carl Werner guides students through his personal 30 year challenge to prove evolution as he embarked on a worldwide journey to explore evidence, fossils, interview scholars and scientists, museum officials and more as he realized the more he learned, the more the truth of God’s Word became apparent.
Students will explore, assess, and examine both evolution and creation in order to develop their own understanding and conclusion on the origins of life.
Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory Curriculum Set Includes:
Life Science: Origins & Scientific Theory Teacher Guide
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Answer Key
Evolution: The Grand Experiment Vol. 1 Student Text & DVD
Evolution: The Grand Experiment Vol. 1 challenges your student’s views on the origins of life through evidence that demands a verdict! Through interviews with scientists from leading universities and other institutions, balanced viewpoints, engaging text, scientific concepts, and more, students will separate science from myth as they investigate:
- Survival of the fittest
- Walking Whales
- and so much more!
Evolution: The Grand Experiment Episode 1 DVD was filmed in 3 continents and seven countries over a 12-year period, the DVD series has highlights from 12 dig sites, 60 museums, and many universities and explores many misleading museum displays, science magazine articles, and television documentaries including "dinosaurs with feathers," "walking whales," "flying dinosaurs."
Evolution: The Grand Experiment Vol. 2 Student Text & DVD
Investigate living fossils—organisms preserved in the fossil record that still exist in similar form today—to discover the challenges and mystery they post to evolutionary concepts! Through engaging text, hundreds of full-color photographs, quotes, and more students will explore past and present:
- Aquatic & Land Arthropods
- Shellfish, Sponges & Coral
- Snails & Worms
- and more!
Filmed over 13 years on three continents and eight countries including many active dinosaur dig sites, museums and universities, Living Fossils Episode 2 DVD explores the questions:
- Did dinosaurs live with modern plants (apple trees, sassafras trees, roses, and rhododendrons) and modern animals (ducks, dogs, possums, and humans) thousands of years ago, as the story of creation suggests?
- Or did dinosaurs live at a remote time, millions of years ago, with other extinct, strange, and unusual animals, as the theory of evolution suggests?
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 5x per week
- Perforated, 3-hole punched worksheets
- Recommended Grade Level: 9th - 12th