Is God On Our Side?
Is freedom important to the Almighty?
Is it possible a providential hand intervened at critical junctures during America's wars?
Larkin Spivey, a decorated Marine Corps officer, respected military professor and historian, believes so.
When America's survival seemed uncertain, even doubtful, fate seemed to turn the nation's way, giving way to mysterious, if not miraculous, events:
- an unopened note changed the course of the Revolutionary War
- a phantom attack caused George Washington to win a decisive battle
- the "unluckiest" incident in wartime history led to freedom for millions
- "random" events in the Pacific gave a small American carrier fleet victory
- a U-2 spy plane and the death of a pilot saved the world from nuclear holocaust
Author Larkin Spivey shows how many seemingly unexplainable incidents and events altered the course of history, leading to victory for the American military and enduring freedom for America's citizens. Whether miracles or mysteries, Spivey's compelling historical vignettes and interpretations show a portrait of America which is both amazing and encouraging. Skeptics and supporters alike will be uplifted by the incredible accounts in this book.
Spivey's gripping stories, backed up by credible historical evidence, will leave no doubt that the history of the United States was swayed by a hidden hand. The big question is—will the hand of providence continue to guide America in miraculous ways?