Interesting to read and easy to consult, The Complete Guide to the Bible is a reliable, jargon-free handbook for anyone who wants to better understand scripture. Inside, you'll find captivating writing that explains the who, what, when, where, and why of each biblical book, along with full-color illustrations and maps for additional insight. Drawing from archaeology, history, and other sciences, The Complete Guide to the Bible explains scripture as clearly and objectively as possible, showcasing the best explanations and latest research of respected scholars—always maintaining a healthy respect for the Bible.
- Detailed explanations of all 66 Bible books—plus the Apocrypha
- Intriguing sidebars on unique, confusing, or bizarre aspects of scripture
- Beautiful design, with nearly 300 photos, illustrations, and maps
- Helpful cross-references and indexes
- Bonus: New, 16-page map section!
Anyone with even a passing interest in the Bible will find The Complete Guide to the Bible both a pleasant read and a handy reference. Whether you're casually leafing through pages or systematically pursuing a study of the entire Bible, you'll find The Complete Guide to the Bible lively, informative, and uplifting.